1. Where is Queen Arwa University campus located?
The Sixtieth Street – Faj Atttan
2. Is the university recognized and its certificates accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research?
3. Which colleges do you have?
- Faculty of Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science
- Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
- Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences
- Faculty of Law
4 · What are the available disciplines in the university?
* Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences
1- Department of Administrative Sciences, Accounting and Marketing. It includes
• Business Administration (Arabic and English).
• Tourism and Public Relations.
• Finance and Banking.
• Marketing Diploma - (2 years).
• Accounting Diploma - (2 years).
• Business Administration Diploma - (2 years)
2 - Department of Economics, Statistics and Political Science, which includes the following disciplines:
• Political Science.
3 - Department of Management Information Systems, which includes the following disciplines:
• Information Systems.
• Information Systems Diploma (2 years).
* Faculty of Medical Sciences
1- Department of Medical Sciences:
• Oral and Dental Health (three years).
• Dental Technician (two years).
• Pharmacy Technician (three years).
• Laboratory Technician (3 years), (2 years).
- Granted Certificates:
Faculty of Medical Sciences offers a bachelor's degree in the fields of dentistry, pharmacy, labs and the duration of the study is both four and five years. The college is also awarded a diploma in the fields of dental technician, labs for two years, and oral and dental health, laboratory, pharmacy for three years.
*Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences
1 - Department of Arts and Social Studies and includes the following disciplines:
• English Language and Literature.
• English Language and Translation.
• English Language Teaching.
• Arabic Language and Literature.
• Islamic Studies.
• Library Science.
2- Department of Fine Arts
• Drawing and Carving.
• Interior Design.
* Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science
1 - Department of Engineering and Computer Science Engineering
• Civil Engineering.
• Decoration Engineering.
• Urban design.
• Control Engineering.
• Communication and Network Engineering.
• Computer Engineering.
• Computer Science.
• Information Systems and Computer Technologies (Computer Information Systems).
• Networks Diploma.
• Computer Science Diploma.
*Faculty of Law
• General Department.
5. What are the admission requirements at Queen Arwa University?
Firstly: Subject to the admission requirements of each college and the rules of the internal regulations for students’ affairs at Queen Arwa University, the student shall attain the following main conditions:
A. Obtain a high school certificate or equivalent.
B. The year of obtaining the high school certificate should be within the years in which the secondary qualifications holders are accepted during the course of a period not exceeding five years.
C- The student shall meet the university's specific enrollment and admission requirements.
D - Passing the system of differentiation in colleges and disciplines that require differentiation.
Secondly: A specific number (not exceeding 5%) of the absorptive capacity of any college, discipline and center of Yemenis, who have a bachelor's degree and wish to enroll in colleges or other disciplines, may be accepted on condition that:
A. The applicant shall be a graduate of a recognized and academically accredited university by the Ministry.
B- The applicant shall fulfill all the admission requirements required for enrollment to the university in the year in which he / she wishes to enroll, except for secondary certificate obtaining year if the applicant is admitted as a new student.
C- In the case of enroll a student in a department or college corresponding to the previous college or department by at least one-third of the number of courses, a scientific clearing is conducted, and the student shall be awarded a certificate of marks and grades of the courses completed in the college or the last discipline.
- The student may not be admitted to any of the university faculties and departments on condition that he has studied in the secondary school the subjects that qualify for admission to the college or discipline that the student wishes to join.
- The acceptance of certificates issued outside of Yemen shall be approved by the competent authorities in the country of issue and in Yemen and subject to the equivalent of the University Equivalence Committee.
7. What services does Queen Arwa University offer to its students?
There are sports and cultural activities that help students to organize seminars, festivals and entertainment bazaars. It also provides the Internet for students, and laboratories, public libraries and drawing rooms.
8. Can a clearing be made from another university?
9 · Is institutes’ diploma certificate acceptable in the university?
According to the institute on condition that it is accredited by Higher Education.
10. What kind of academic cadres at the university?
Demonstrators, Master and Doctors.
11 - What are the programs offered by Queen Arwa University?
Diploma programs, Bachelor programs, Master programs and training courses.
12 · What are the prerequisites for graduation?
Success at all levels of study.
13 - What is the duration of the study to obtain a bachelor's degree?
Some disciplines are four years and some are five.
14. Is the teaching system hours or semesters?
The University follows semesters system.
15 - Does your university accept the process of equating study hours from other educational institutions? If yes, which institutions you accept their study hours?
Yes, provided that the institution shall be accredited by Higher Education.
16 · Is attendance compulsory?
It varies from college to college.
17 · If I intend to withdraw from the study programme, how can I do this?
The student may have the right to withdraw from study at the university on condition that:
-The student or his/her official representative shall formally submit the withdrawal application to the Dean of the College.
-The student shall pay the financial and in-kind obligations of the University and shall be vacated by the relevant authorities at the University in accordance with the form prepared for that purpose.
-The withdrawing student shall not request the university to return any amount of money provided that he is freshmen at one of the study levels and the study does not exceed one month from the beginning of the academic year.
-The withdrawing student shall be given his documents with the courses he studied at the university, stating that he was withdrawn from the university and the date of withdrawal.
-The withdrawn student may obtain a document of the courses he studied at the university, stating that he is withdrawn from the university and the date of withdrawal.
18· What is the time period during which the study can be postponed and how is the submission process for the purposes of deferment (registration suspension processes)?
The student may temporarily suspend his registration in accordance with the following rules and procedures:
A. Submission of the request to suspend the registration to the College Dean at least one month from the beginning of the study.
B - To attach an excuse to justify the request to suspend the registration.
C- The suspension of the registration at the first level shall not be allowed permanently, as well as the transferred student or the transferor only after passing successfully an academic year at least. The college council may consider some exceptional cases to suspend the registration after a successful semester.
(D) The remaining student at the same level shall not be allowed to suspend the registration.
(E) The maximum limit for suspension of registration is two years or four semesters, either separate or consecutive, during the course of student’s study for the first degree, pursuant to the provisions of article 31, paragraph (d), of bylaws of the students’ affairs of Queen Arwa University.
A. A student who has suspended his registration may re-register at the request of Dean of the College according to the prepared form within a maximum of three weeks from the beginning of the next semester subsequent to the suspension of registration provided that the study system is semester-wise, and the beginning of the following academic year provided that the study system is annually.
B- If the student does not apply for re-registration after the end of the period of suspension, he will be considered absent without an acceptable excuse.
C- The suspension of registration does not exempt student from any prescribed fees or fines prior to the suspension of registration, but it preserves his right in the grades of the tests’ results. The duration of registration suspension will not be counted within the maximum limit of the study allowed for the first degree.
D- Dean of the college may accept the excuse of the student for the attendance of exam for one or more courses of the academic year or semester provided that the reason for absence is a compulsive excuse and confirmed by official documents, or approved from the university physician on condition that the excuse is due to illness provided that the required documents should be submitted to the college deanship within at least one week before or after the test.
E- The acceptance of the student’s excuse, pursuant to Article (30) of bylaws of the students’ affairs of Queen Arwa University, shall entail the following:
(A) Written in front of his name (absent with excuse) in all documents and records.
(B) The student shall be exempted from the fine of absence.
C) When the student takes the course or courses exams again in which he or she is absent with excuse, the result of the final full grade shall be counted.
(D) If the student's excuse is accepted for all semester’s or year’s courses, this will be considered within the maximum limit of the suspension period stipulated in paragraph (f) of Article (27) of bylaws of the students’ affairs of Queen Arwa University.
18 · - Does the postponement affect the accumulative grade?
It does not affect.
19 · Is it possible to pay tuition fees separately? How much can we start paying tuition fees?
20 · What is the method of paying tuition fees?
Cash in the university cashier or through university account at the bank.
21. Are high school graduates accepted immediately after graduation?
22. What are the admission and registration requirements?
In order for a student to be admitted to one of the university colleges or centers, he/she shall submit the following documents:
- Admission form: obtained from the Admission and Registration Department, Deanship of Student Affairs.
- The origin of the secondary school certificate: or the equivalent accredited and certified by the competent authorities.
- Copy of ID or family card, or passport (for non-Yemenis).
- 10 personal photos 4 × 6 with white background.
- To obtain residence permit (for non-Yemenis). The University shall provide the registered student with a registration document and report to the Yemeni Immigration and Passport Authority to assist him in obtaining residence permit for the purpose of study throughout his years of study at the university.
23. What procedures would allow me to transfer from another university?
- A student enrolled in one of the university colleges - if he fails in his first year - may transfer his registration to another department within the same college.
- A student may transfer from college to another college within the university only once.
- A student may transfer from one university to another on condition that:
A- The transferred university is academically recognized and accredited.
B- The student has not dismissed from the transferred university for disciplinary reasons.
C- The student has succeeded at least in the first level in the transferred university.
D- The student shall meet the admission requirements of the new college at the same year of admission at the transferred university.
E- The student has not stopped studying at the transferred university for more than two academic years in theoretical colleges or more than one academic year in laboratory colleges.
F- Any other conditions determined by the University Council to which the student wishes to transfer.
A) The concerned department shall conduct the clearing of the courses that the transferred student has successfully passed with the courses of the department in a way that does not contradict the provisions of bylaws of the students’ affairs of Queen Arwa University. The pervious failed courses shall be considered as failed courses in the new department, and the duration of the student's enrollment before the transfer of enrollment shall be considered within the maximum period specified for the study in the new department.
B- The clearing courses in scientific clearance shall be added in the academic record of the transferred student.
- Students who admitted to the scholarships assigned to the Ministry or any other institution may not transfer the registration without the approval of the Ministry and the institution for which the scholarships were allocated.
- The transfer of registration may not be completed to the following categories:
A - New student in the first level unless in the period of admission and registration for one time.
B- A student who is dismissed from any college or university for any reason.
C - Successful student to the second level and higher provided that he was transferred to a corresponding department by at least 50% of the number of courses.
D- A student who has been sentenced to disciplinary punishment only after the expiry of the period prescribed for the implementation of the disciplinary punishment.
A student who is transferred from another university shall be given courses’ clearing on condition that he shall study at least 50% of the total number of courses at the new university.
24. A student who leave study for two years, what procedures allow him to return to study?
25. I am a university student and would like to receive my academic record through the university website.
The portion of fees shall be paid
Login to the university site
Enter your academic number and password and login directly to your data.
Supplementary (summer) examination tables for the university year 2020/2021
Supplementary (summer) examination tables for the university year 2020/2021 Faculty of Medical Sciences - Disciplines: (Dentistry + Pharmacy + Laboratories + Therapeutic Nutrition)
University calendar for the academic year 2021/2022
University calendar for the academic year 2021/2022